quarta-feira, dezembro 13, 2006

The Doors - Texas Radio and the Big Beat/Love me Two Times



Em Fevereiro de 1969, Morrison assistiu a uma peça de teatro que mudou o curso da sua vida, bem como do destino do grupo. No Bovard Auditorium da University of Southern California os The Living Theatre apresentaram uma peça bastante pesada que urgia às pessoas para rejeitarem as suas inibições à liberdade.

A peça apelou à demanda pessoal de Morrison pela sua liberdade pessoal, resultando numa Jam session em estúdio na noite seguinte, 25 de Fevereiro, que se tornou a lendária sessão "Rock is Dead", lançada posteriormente em 1997 no The Doors box set, e antecedeu um episódio muito discutível da vida de Morrison e uma das histórias mais notórias do rock.

O incidente ocorreu a 1 de Março de 1969, num concerto dado em Miami, na Florida, no Dinner Key Auditorium. Morrison supostamente expôs-se durante o desempenho. Tinha estado a beber desde o seu voo para o concerto. O auditório de 6,900 lugares estava lotado com quase o dobro da sua capacidade, e não tinha ar condicionado. Assim que a banda entrou em palco, Morrison começou a berrar ao microfone:

"Now listen here, I ain't talking 'bout no revolution, and I'm not talkin' about no demonstrations.

"I'm talking about having a good time, I'm talking about having a good time this summer. And you all come out to L.A., you all get out there, we're gonna lie down there in the sand and rub our toes in the ocean, and we're gonna have a good time, are you ready, are you ready, are you ready, are you ready, are you ready, are you ready, are you ready, are you ready?

"Now listen! I used to think the whole thing was a big joke. I used to think it was something to laugh about. And then the last couple of nights I met some people who were doing somethin'! They're tryin' to change the world! And I wanna get on that trip! I wanna change the world. Wanna change it. Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhh - change it."

Em alguns minutos Morrison mudava de tom:

"Now listen, I'm not talkin' about no revolution, an' I'm not talkin' about no demonstration! I'm talkin' about having fun! I'm talkin' about dancin'! I wanna see you people get up and dance! I wanna see you people dancin' in the street this summer! I wanna see you have some fun. I wanna see you run around. I wanna see you paint the town. I wanna see you ringin' out. I wanna see you shout. I wanna see some fun. I wanna see some fun from everyone."

O acto acabou com as ominosas palavras: "ANYTHING YOU WANT! LET'S DO IT! LET'S DO IT! LET'S DO IT!"

O incidente permanece inconclusivo. Morrison disse: "Desperdiçei muito tempo com o julgamento de Miami. À volta de um ano e meio. Mas acho que foi uma experiência valiosa porque antes do julgamento eu tinha uma ideia muito irreal sobre o sistema judicial Americano. Os meus olhos foram abertos um pouco".

Embora o incidente de Miami estragasse a reputação da banda, Morrison saiu calmamente ileso dos seus resultados. Ele mais tarde disse: "Penso que eu já estava farto com a imagem que tinha sido criada à minha volta ..assim acabei com ela numa noite gloriosa".



Fiquem hoje com um vídeo retirado de um espectáculo para uma televisão dinamarquesa.
Jinhos.

"The Wasp (Texas Radio And The Big Beat)"

I wanna tell you 'bout Texas Radio and the Big Beat
Comes out of the Virginia swamps
Cool and slow with plenty of precision
With a back beat narrow and hard to master

Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance
Others, mean and rueful of the Western dream
I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft
We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping
This is the land where the Pharaoh died

The Negroes in the forest brightly feathered
They are saying, "Forget the night.
Live with us in forests of azure.
Out here on the perimeter there are no stars
Out here we is stoned - immaculate."

Listen to this, and I'll tell you 'bout the heartache
I'll tell you 'bout the heartache and the lose of God
I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night
The meager food for souls forgot
I'll tell you 'bout the maiden with wrought iron soul

I'll tell you this
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

I'll tell you 'bout Texas Radio and the Big Beat
Soft drivin', slow and mad, like some new language


Now, listen to this, and I'll tell you 'bout the Texas
I'll tell you 'bout the Texas Radio
I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night
Wandering the Western dream
Tell you 'bout the maiden with wrought iron soul


"Love Me Two Times"

Love me two times, baby
Love me twice today
Love me two times, girl
I'm goin' away
Love me two times, girl
One for tomorrow
One just for today
Love me two times
I'm goin' away


Love me one time
I could not speak
Love me one time
Yeah, my knees got weak
But love me two times, girl
Last me all through the week
Love me two times
I'm goin' away
Love me two times
I'm goin' away


Oh, yes

Love me one time
I could not speak
Love me one time, baby
Yeah, my knees got weak
But love me two times, girl
Last me all through the week
Love me two times
I'm goin' away


Love me two times, babe
Love me twice today
Love me two times, babe
'Cause I'm goin' away
Love me two time, girl
One for tomorrow
One just for today
Love me two times
I'm goin' away
Love me two times
I'm goin' away
Love me two times
I'm goin' away





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

Gostava de contactar contigo.
Moro em Almada.
Como o posso fazer?
Obrigado.

domingo, agosto 19, 2007 11:10:00 da manhã  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Então bonita este site está bem desenvolvido.........boa:)
Adorei Continua assim !

quinta-feira, fevereiro 24, 2011 9:48:00 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home